Terms & Conditions
- 1.1 "Seller" shall mean Faxcomm Solutions P/L
- 1.2 "Customer" shall mean the Customer or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of the Customer.
- 1.3 "Guarantor" means that person (or persons), or entity who agrees herein to be liable for the debts of the Customer on a principal debtor basis.
- 1.4 "Goods" shall mean Goods supplied by the Seller to the Customer (and where the context so permits shall include any supply of Services as hereinafter defined).
- 1.5 "Services" shall mean all services supplied by the Seller to the Customer and includes any advice or recommendations (and where the context so permits shall include any supply of Goods as defined supra).
- 1.6 "Price" shall mean the cost of the Goods as agreed between the Seller and the Customer subject to clause 4 of this contract.
- 2.1 Any instructions received by the Seller from the Customer for the supply of Goods and/or the Customer's acceptance of Goods supplied by the Seller shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- 2.2 Where more than one Customer has entered into this agreement, the Customer's shall be jointly and severally liable for all payments of the Price.
- 2.3 Upon acceptance of these terms and conditions by the Customer the terms and conditions are irrevocable and can only be rescinded in accordance with these terms and conditions or with the written consent of the manager of the Seller.
- 2.4 None of the Seller's agents or representatives are authorised to make any representations, statements, conditions or agreements not expressed by the manager of the Seller in writing nor is the Seller bound by any such unauthorised statements.
- 2.5 The Customer undertakes to give the Seller not less than fourteen (14) days prior written notice of any proposed change in the Customer's name and/or any other change in the Customer's details (including but not limited to, changes in the Customer's address, facsimile number, or business practice).
- 3.1 The Goods are as described on the invoices and quotation as provided by the Seller to the Customer.
- 4.1 At the Seller's sole discretion;
(a) The Price shall be as indicated on invoices provided by the Seller to the Customer in respect of Goods supplied; or
(b) The Price of the Goods shall (subject to clause 4.2) be the Seller's quoted Price which shall be binding upon the Seller provided that the Customer shall accept in writing the Seller's quotation within fourteen (14) days.
- 4.2 The Seller may by giving notice to the Customer (verbally or otherwise) at any time before delivery increases the Price of the Goods to reflect any variation beyond the reasonable control of the Seller, which increases the cost of the Goods/Services by more than 10% of the quoted Price.
- 4.3 Time for payment for the Goods shall be of the essence and will be stated on the invoice, quotation or any other order forms. If no time is stated then payment shall be on delivery of the Goods.
- 4.4 The Seller may withhold delivery of the Goods until the Customer has paid for them, in which event payment shall be made before the delivery date.
- 4.5 At the Seller's sole discretion, for certain approved Customers payment will be due thirty (30) days following the date of the invoice.
- 4.6 Payment will be made by cash on delivery, or by cheque, or by bank cheque, or by direct credit, or by any other method as agreed to between the Customer and the Seller.
- 4.7 The Price shall be increased by the amount of any GST and other taxes and duties which may be applicable, except where the tax has already been included in any quotation given by the Seller.
- 5.1 Delivery of the Goods shall be made to the Customer's address. The Customer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery, or delivery of the Goods shall be made to the Customer at the Seller's address.
- 5.2 Delivery of the Goods to a carrier, either named by the Customer or failing such naming to a carrier at the discretion of the Seller for the purpose of transmission to the Customer, is deemed to be a delivery of the Goods to the Customer.
- 5.3 The costs of carriage and any insurance which the Customer reasonably directs the Seller to incur shall be reimbursed by the Customer (without any set-off or other withholding whatever) and shall be due on the date for payment of the Price. The carrier shall be deemed to be the Customer's agent.
- 5.4 Delivery of the Goods to a third party nominated by the Customer is deemed to be delivery to the Customer for the purposes of this agreement.
- 5.5 The failure of the Seller to deliver shall not entitle either party to treat this contract as repudiated.
- 5.6 The Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever due to failure by the Seller to deliver the Goods (or any of them) promptly or at all.
- 6.1 If the Seller retains property in the Goods nonetheless, all risk for the Goods passes to the Customer on delivery.
- 6.2 If any of the Goods are damaged or destroyed prior to property in them passing to the Customer, the Seller is entitled, without prejudice to any of its other rights or remedies under these Terms and Conditions of Trade (including the right to receive payment of the balance of the Price for the Goods), to receive all insurance proceeds payable for the Goods. This applies whether or not the Price has become payable under the Contract. The production of these terms and conditions by the Seller is sufficient evidence of the Seller's rights to receive the insurance proceeds without the need for any person dealing with the Seller to make further enquiries.
- 7.1 The Customer hereby disclaims any right to rescind, or cancel the contract or to sue for damages or to claim restitution arising out of any misrepresentation made to him by any servant or agent of the Seller and the Customer acknowledges that he buys the Goods relying solely upon his own skill and judgement and that the Seller shall not be bound by nor responsible for any term, condition, representation or warranty other than the warranty given by the Manufacturer which warranty shall be personal to the Customer and shall not be transferable to any subsequent Customer.
- 8.1 The Customer shall inspect the Goods on delivery and shall within five (5) days of delivery notify the Seller of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description or quote. The Customer shall afford the Seller an opportunity to inspect the Goods within a reasonable time following delivery if the Customer believes the Goods are defective in any way. If the Customer shall fail to comply with these provisions, the Goods shall be conclusively presumed to be in accordance with the terms and conditions and free from any defect or damage.
- 8.2 For defective Goods, which the Seller has agreed in writing that the Customer is entitled to reject, the Seller's liability is limited to either (at the Seller's discretion) replacing the Goods or repairing the Goods provided that the Customer has complied with the provisions of clause 8.1.
- 8.3 The Seller may (in its discretion) accept the Goods for credit but this will incur a restocking fee of 20% of the value of the returned Goods plus any freight. No Returns will be accepted after 30 days. No goods will be returned if original packaging has been opened.